Getting certified as a Data Science Professional is preferable to entering the market as a Data Scientist. The knowledge in Mathematics and Statistics enhances the chances of being successful in a Data Science field.
At present, there is a lot of hype about Data Science and related fields like Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Several new applications are being churned out for better and efficient use of technology to solve real-world problems. Many prestigious training institutions are offering quality data science courses in India.
Though Data science has existed for decades, it has only recently come into full bloom. According to a study, daily 2.5 quintillions of data is being generated. Such a massive amount of data is processed through effective algorithms. All of this is done through the Application of Data Science.
If you are attracted to this field and are wondering if you can be successful in this field, well, there is no better way than to take the plunge and find out. Everybody has an aptitude for mathematics, it is just that it manifests at different levels. There is nothing that consistent and high levels of motivation cannot achieve.
Job Positions after having a Degree in Data Science
There are a lot of job roles offered in this domain. Interested professionals seek data analytics training to fit into the below set of job roles.
Here are some of the popular data science careers you can break into with an advanced degree.
- Data Scientist.
- Machine Learning Engineer.
- Machine Learning Scientist.
- Applications Architect.
- Enterprise Architect.
- Data Architect.
- Infrastructure Architect.
- Data Engineer.
So, like you, many have questions related to the Data Scientist Course on the internet these days. Questions like,
- Is having a career in Data Science good for me?
- What should I learn first to get a step into the data science field?
- What is the best job as a Data Scientist?
- What is the scope of Data Science?
- Should I take up small courses to pick up all the skills, or should I take up a longer program to learn all the required skills?
This article dwells on these questions and hopefully lets you make a better decision on your learning path.
Which Data science course to choose?
Depending on where you are in terms of knowledge, as discussed, you can select programs or courses that offer you a complete learning experience. If you already possess the skills in data mining or exploratory data analysis and data visualisation, you are good to jump to courses like masters in data science for working professionals that offer training on advanced topics like Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and the likes. These will involve using various algorithms based on the knowledge you already possess, so it should be relatively easy for you to pick up skills here.
How Data Science is Useful for the Career?
A Career in Data Science with tremendous opportunities for advancement in the future is a good option for working professionals. The Applications of Data Science are used in Banking, policy work, marketing techniques, finance, Health departments, E-learning, etc. The demand for Data Science professionals is already high with a competitive salary and numerous perks. The main focus is how Data Science applications can ease the operations of the concerned organisation and be integrated into the current marketplace.
Data Scientist has been called “the most promising career” and the “best job in America” by most popular professional websites.
The Benefits of Learning Data Science for a Business:
1. Increases business predictability
2. Ensures real-time intelligence.
3. Favors the marketing and sales area
4. Improves data security
5. Helps interpret complex data
6. Facilitates the decision-making process
Data Scientist Responsibilities
A Data Scientist’s responsibilities vary depending on the industry they’re in and the company they work for. Following are the responsibilities and tasks a Data Science professional is expected to encounter.
1. Researching industry and company to identify what are the main points, opportunities for growth, and areas for improvement to enhance efficiency and productivity of the organisation.
2. A Data Science Professional defines which data set of the organisation is relevant and useful and how to collect and extract the useful data from various sources.
3. The Professional cleans the data and removes anything unusable, and tests it to confirm that the remaining data set is much accurate and uniform.
4. The Data Science Professional creates and applies algorithms on data sets to implement automation tools.
5. The Modelling and analysis of data to identify latent patterns and trends.
6. To Visualise data or organise data into dashboards that other members of the organisation can consult.
7. Presenting findings and making recommendations to other members of the organisation.
What Is the salary expected for Data Science Professionals?
According to recent sources, Northeastern University has broken the salary expectations for a range of Data Science Professionals, with Data Scientist taking $140,000, Machine Learning Engineer earning $115,000, Machine Learning Scientist $114,000, Applications Architect $114,000, and Enterprise Architect $110,663 at the top of the list. In certain industries, even junior Data Analysts are richly rewarded. The main factor that is driving the organisations to hire is professionalism after they realise the power of data to make smart and helpful decisions for the organisation. The supply of data professionals hasn’t met with demand, starting salaries for these positions remain high, exclusively for those who have an advanced degree in Data Science or a related field.
How long does it take to be a Data Scientist?
To answer, the duration to become a Data Science professional depends upon how efficient you are to grasp and complete the course on time and with efficiency. If you are a novice, with a blank knowledge, you have to have a lot of fundamental skills before you construct your data science career.
Besides, if you already have ample experience working in programming or computer science, you will have quite a great head start, and may only need to develop a few specific skills before you can start practising data science.
If you fall into the latter, you have a bit of flexibility in how you seek the transformation. For example, start with data science online courses, which allows you to quickly boost your knowledge of data science fundamentals. Or else, you may want to throw yourself into a more intense, accelerated schedule such as attending a data science boot camp to develop new data skills and complete real-world data science projects.
Also read: Effective Tips to Promote Online Courses
Data Science Career is a highly lucrative career option promised to the interested professionals with the most highly paid jobs to professionals. Learning data science will raise the probability of acquiring a good job. Various Organisations have acknowledged that they have to recruit proficient candidates who are capable of accumulating, interpreting, and extensively utilising data with the goal that it is advantageous to the organisation.