A platform for communication is a software solution that allows smooth internal and external messaging and communication. The platform makes use of numerous channels, like phones, task management, video conferencing, and team messaging.
Many platforms provide the functionality of project management, customer communication, and file sharing. Most companies leverage the platform to facilitate secure and safe employee messaging.
Today these platforms give much more than calling and messaging functionalities. It is because of them that companies can meet their goals.
Look for a quality communication platform that allows you to connect with your customers worldwide and scales with your requirements and needs. It also enables customer relationship management across various platforms.
Different Kinds of Communication Platforms
There are primarily five kinds of communication platforms. Each comes with its advantages.
- Internal communications – These platforms create conversations in real-time among supervisors, authorized partners, and employees. Its channels include group chats, VoIP calls, and text messaging.
This type of platform should be reliable, secure, and compliant. It facilitates employees to engage effectively without disclosing their contact numbers.
- Customer communications – Tools for customer communication enable customers to feel supported and heard. Its top functionalities consist of customer relationship management software to store all the interactions with customers and support tickets. You can use Group Text Messaging for customer communications.
Customer communication platforms monitor customer sentiments, assess trends, and organize requests. Various advanced solutions provide customer service automation via artificial intelligence.
- Project management – If your project has milestones or deadlines to be achieved, a project management platform is crucial. Such a platform prioritizes the workflow and keeps every individual updated.
It consists of marketing campaigns, sales efforts, vendor management, product launches, and the like. Such a platform takes care of massive projects by dividing them into more minor activities. It allows employees to update on their progress, modify timelines, and work efficiently.
- Collaboration tools – Collaboration platforms allow people to engage in the same project at the same time. This category consists of screen sharing or virtual whiteboards. Various members of a team can share and exchange ideas via virtual communications.
Some Features of Communication Software
- Cloud communication platforms provide live-sharing options according to preset participants and audiences. It eliminates the need to scroll through long text discussions, memos, and emails. Depending on the tier-based settings, your audience has access to specific information in real-time and in recorded forms.
- In conventional online communication, the record function is fragmented across many platforms. In some of them, the option of recording is not available. But in communications platforms, you can get a comprehensive recording of proceedings with the option of both local and cloud recording. It allows the relevant personnel to access the record whenever they want.
- Many standard coordination programs, specifically those based on social media platforms, are not secure. Their contents are vulnerable to getting leaked. Hackers can also gain access to them with little to no effort. But when an organization uses unified communication software and multi-layered encryption, it can enjoy peace of mind. The communication is entirely safe, and only those people who are allowed can access it.
A good communication platform delivers seamless customer experiences and tracks all customer engagements across omnichannel platforms. It allows for an undisturbed communication flow.
The integrated customer management platforms enable live chat, email, and text to occur in a single place, enabling employees to focus more on the value of conversations. Moreover, real-time data analytics enables organizations to measure key performance metrics effectively.